What We Do
Advocacy & Organizing
In line with our #Freedom2030 goal to end the criminalization and incarceration of young women and trans youth of all genders, our policy, advocacy, and organizing work focuses on advancing the freedom and rights of young people, including:
- Investing in alternatives to youth incarceration;
- Diversion from harmful system intervention to community-based solutions that center young people’s self-determined goals and safety;
- Preventing separation and supporting reunification of families;
- Reducing the presence of probation and other law enforcement agencies in the lives of young people and their families;
- Replacing existing systems, policies, and legislation with those that uphold and are accountable to our Freedom Charter, and people most impacted.
Authored by Assemblymember Phil Ting In passing SB 823 in 2020, the California Legislature committed to transforming CA’s juvenile delinquency system from a corrections model
You can help by Donating today.