What We Do
Advocacy & Organizing
In line with our #Freedom2030 goal to end the criminalization and incarceration of young women and trans youth of all genders, our policy, advocacy, and organizing work focuses on advancing the freedom and rights of young people, including:
- Investing in alternatives to youth incarceration;
- Diversion from harmful system intervention to community-based solutions that center young people’s self-determined goals and safety;
- Preventing separation and supporting reunification of families;
- Reducing the presence of probation and other law enforcement agencies in the lives of young people and their families;
- Replacing existing systems, policies, and legislation with those that uphold and are accountable to our Freedom Charter, and people most impacted.
2022 Co-sponsored Legislation
AB-503: End Endless Probation
Asm. Stone #EndEndlessProbation AB-503 would limit the time young people spend under probation supervision to six months unless the court determines after a hearing that
AB-937: VISION Act
Asm. Carillo #VISIONAct #StopICETransfers AB-937 would protect community members who have already been deemed eligible for release from being funneled by local jails and our
You can help by Donating today.