Young Women’s Freedom Center seeks a Full-Time Director for our San Francisco location who is social movement-oriented, fast-paced, strategic, and has the skills to manage people utilizing our leadership development model, to drive results, and to bring an existing organizational vision to life. Reporting to the Executive Director or their designee, this individual will amplify and enable the organization’s leadership in the county and increase community impact and outcomes.
Programmatic Oversight and Impact (35%)
- Supervise all programming with a focus on the site’s participation in the larger movement
- Manage staff members and leaders who mentor youth and ensure the YWFC model is active in those relationships
- Learn, track, and oversee the execution of and reporting on grant obligations
- Ensure the site is fully & properly staffed
- Engage in political strategy across sites and maintain critical strategic partnerships (e.g. – funders, Juvenile/ Adult Probation, and other critical partnerships for the site)
- Oversee the implementation of all new programs, pilot programs, existing programs, initiatives, and participation in key commissions, committees, etc. ensuring proper staffing, strategic alignment, etc.
Operations/Facilities Management (10%)
- Implement and oversee site calendar to ensure multi-level metrics are being met and partnerships are being cultivated and regularly maintained
- Ensure day-to-day operations, site safety, ordering, cleaning, and administration of keys, supplies, etc.
- Inform site policies and procedures and review annually for necessary changes
- Collaborate with Operations Manager on identifying key facilities issues and managing logistics of facilities repair/documentation of facilities incidents
Staff Development/ Leadership (25%)
- Supervise site employees’ understanding and execution of administrative elements of the work to assure effectiveness and efficiencies
- Hiring, onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, employee development, and training
- Ensure individual employee work-plans with regular team check-ins against metrics
- Maintain YWFC Culture at the site level, including the implementation of site-based practices at the site to promote team building and staff are celebrated (staff retention), ensure wellness of staff, investment in staff development, building a site that works together
Administration Management (20%)
General Leadership (30%)
- Participate in multi-site team meetings and provide expertise on wins, progress, challenges, partnerships, city culture, sea-changes, trends that impact FIP/ Systems involved people, women, and YWFC participatory leadership model in
- Lead annual site planning, staff work planning, hiring and onboarding, managing and overseeing budget, oversee site-based grant reporting and management of grant deliverables, coordinating with Development Director on grant writing, ensuring compliance of data documentation, management of data on organizational and local data management systems
- Represent YWFC in advocacy, organizing, and strategic partnership development
- Be willing and able to ask hard questions in community settings to advocate for FIP/ systems involved people
- Strong command of intersectionality between liberation politics in multiple communities
- Work under the direction of the Executive Director and as a member of the YWFC Leadership team to collaborate, support org-wide initiatives, ensure local work is a part of a larger coordinated strategy
- Represent YWFC with funders, at public-facing events, etc. as requested by the Executive Director
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to coach, mentor and teach skills to someone else → recognize and build the leadership of others
- Ability to give feedback and receive feedback, as needed
- The person must be comfortable, mature and professional in interacting with diverse community partners, custody staff, students and colleagues with diverse heritage and backgrounds.
- Ability to interact effectively with program participants, staff colleagues, board members, volunteers, public figures, and community leaders;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, CRM, email, and general computer/ internet use.
- Willingness and ability to grow professionally, be accountable, and to expand skills and adapt to evolving organization environments and constantly changing circumstances
- Ability to maintain strong and appropriate boundaries with personal identifying information when interacting with program participants or community or program partners
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and tasks simultaneously
- Advanced problem-solving skills; tactfully address and resolve questions/concerns
- Ability to program direct
The targeted total compensation range is $90,000-110,000 for this position depending on experience level and location. In addition, YWFC offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff that includes fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 10 days of paid time off, ten paid holidays, and two-weeks off in December. Additionally, YWFC prioritizes professional development for all staff and strives to offer flexibility for working parents and caregivers.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter by using the form on this page.
YWFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage BIPOC, women, nonbinary people, LGBTQIA+ people, persons with disabilities, veterans, formerly incarcerated, system involved, people with limited formal education, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply.