To be successful in this role, the candidate must have strong communication, strong listening and verbal/written communication skills, including but not limited to sending clear and prompt emails, and leading conference calls and meetings.
The ideal candidate would have comfort with reading and analyzing numbers and online data entry platforms, and ability to design and use spreadsheets. In order to meet the growing needs of the organization, the ideal candidate is someone who demonstrates an openness to learn and grow in a fast-paced start up environment, is self-directed and is committed to playing a role in a dynamic and growing team.
Young Women’s Freedom Center is seeking a full-time Development Associate based in the Bay Area, who is responsible for supporting the Development Director in planning, managing and evaluating operations, programs and processes of development work to ensure strategies support long-term sustainability and alignment with YWFC’s work. The Development Associate will also work closely with the Executive Director and Executive Team to ensure all processes for data tracking and evaluation are cohesive, documented, and supportive of long-term sustainability and grant reporting needs across all teams and departments. Additionally, the Development Associate will support managing data, writing reports, and providing data for grant writing on an as needed basis.
The Young Women’s Freedom Center is a Leadership and Advocacy organization focused on building the personal and collective power of young women and trans youth who have been incarcerated and experienced life on the streets. YWFC creates opportunities for young folks to find their voice, build their power, gain skills and opportunities, and transform the conditions that keep them trapped in cycles of violence, poverty, and incarceration.
- Support the Development Director in the creation of a comprehensive annual and multi-year fund development plan, comprehensive of quarterly and annual metrics to track outcomes and success.
- Conduct research on potential and prospective donors, foundations, and other income sources, and provide profiles to Executive Director and Development Director with suggested next steps
- Collaborate with the Development Director to ensure the organization is meeting all reporting deadlines and completing all grant reports, including gathering needed information in advance for the final report
- Support the implementation, and management of day-to-day documentation of fund development activities through the CRM with the goal of increasing efficiency and creating workflows for donor cultivation and relationship-building with donors by the organization, Executive Leadership and Board of Directors.
- Work in partnership with the Development Director and Finance Director to ensure that there is clarity and cohesion around income, reporting, etc.
- Assist Development Director in drafting the proposals and seeking feedback from Director and/or other members of the team, final edits and submission of grant proposals on an ongoing and regular basis.
- Supports the execution of proposed strategies for individual donor cultivation and individual donor fund development goals, ensures proper documentation of activity in the CRM, ensures thank you’s are sent, supports the planning of quarterly engagement events, and works with Development Director to build and execute strategies to increase donor engagement and giving levels over time.
- Work with YWFC’s Communications and leadership team to create high quality fundraising and donation materials, annual reports, program summaries, strategic plans and other materials to share with foundations and donors
- Support Development Director in ensuring that donors receive interest specific and appropriate organizational and program updates, responses to queries, gift acknowledgements, and financial reporting
- Ensure that all fund development materials, reports, grant proposals, budgets, etc. are organized and kept updated on the YWFC google drive ORG Fundraising on a weekly basis and that any changes to the fund development files are first approved.
- Other writing projects, proposals, and or projects assigned by the Executive Team
- At least two years of experience working at a mission-driven nonprofit, with the ability to collect and analyze data on data entry platforms
- 2+ years of administration experience
- Experience coordinating and implementing projects, developing work plans, and strategizing to solve problems.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- A entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”
- Willingness to share own ideas, even among senior staff and board members
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Interest and commitment to enhancing the effectiveness of nonprofit organizations
- Meticulous attention to detail, high dependability and flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and thoughtful one-page cover letter using the form on this page.
Application Deadline: Monday, October 3, 2022
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every candidate. We do review every submission carefully and we will contact those who we’d like to interview.